Sunday, June 19, 2011

Its been a while

I have been lazy on my blog. But that the way it goes. Igot to reading some of my running friends blogs and thought i better make a post.  The first thing is Glenn Hein and Ernie Baker and i went to Mountain View Arkansas to ride the Syllamo Revenge mountain bike race.  My sucsess was to finish and i did.  Glen hung back with the old slow fat man until about the 25 mile mark , then had to kick it to make the cut off time at aid station 3.  So the next nine miles i rode by myself.  






The trail to this point was a muddy rocky steep and would never let up on you.  Ernie must have felt real good because at mile 3 or 4 he was never seen again by me until the finish. I think Glen caught up to him at mile 43.  so any way i get to stop 3 and its a 12 mile loop right back to stop 3 and then 3 miles out another trail to the finish.   Well i'm 8 hours in at this point so I'm thinking 3 miles to the finish or15 miles to the finish.  I set down and rest for about 15 or 20 minutes , Tossing the 3 or 15 mile in head.  Some guy came in after me with a 500 plate on his bike .  You can only get a 500 plate if you in the 50 -59 class.  Let me back up a second the cut off for stop three was 3pm , I did'nt get there till 3:15 the guy looked me in the eye and said they extended it to 3:30 and i did'nt know what I reallt thought about that, You know pro or con.   But any way the guy that came in after me said he had came to ride it and a couple others said lets finish were in survival mode anywayand between those two statements I had to finish the whole thing.  So off I went and this was really fun flowy 12 miles . I got some energy from somewhere and just hammered this section in a little over an hour. Ednde up at 9 hours and 29 min.  The best thing was our pit crew Crystal and Don were waiting for me at the finish line with a cold malt beverege or two and Don went and got me some food iwas starved.  The whole thing was a blast , Good friends , Great little town of Mountain View. And a few perfectly timed Lift offs.

No comments:

Post a Comment